DX
Download Download Now
National

Minnesota Fraud Suspect Leaps From Fourth-Floor Balcony To Dodge Arrest

Dallas Express | May 21, 2026
Authorities displayed an image of a man the FBI said fled during a Minnesota fraud arrest operation by jumping from a fourth-floor balcony | Screenshot via federal press conference broadcast

xFederal authorities are asking the public to help locate a Minnesota fraud suspect who allegedly jumped from a fourth-floor balcony while agents tried to arrest him Thursday.

FBI Co-Deputy Director Christopher Raia said the suspect, identified by authorities as Muhammad Omar, fled during a federal enforcement action tied to newly announced fraud charges in Minnesota.

“If you recognize this individual,” Raia said in a clip shared by the White House Rapid Response account on X, “I would encourage you to call 1-800-CALL-FBI.”

The post was reposted by FBI Director Kash Patel.

Suspect Remains At Large

Federal prosecutors charged Omar alongside 14 other defendants in alleged fraud schemes targeting more than $90 million across Minnesota taxpayer-funded programs.

Authorities said Omar escaped arrest by jumping from a fourth-floor balcony as federal agents carried out Thursday’s enforcement action.

Video circulated online appeared to show the suspect limping away after the jump. The White House Rapid Response post showed Raia asking the public for help identifying the fugitive.

Court records show Omar is charged with one count of conspiracy to commit health care fraud and four counts of health care fraud, FOX 13 reported.

Part Of Broader Fraud Crackdown

The search for Omar comes as federal officials announced criminal charges against 15 individuals accused of involvement in alleged fraud schemes across seven Minnesota state-managed Medicaid programs.

As previously reported by The Dallas Express, federal officials said the alleged schemes targeted more than $90 million in taxpayer funds. The programs included housing stabilization services, autism services, child care, and Medicaid-related care.

Colin McDonald, assistant attorney general for the DOJ’s National Fraud Enforcement Division, said during Thursday’s press conference that the Minnesota cases were only the beginning of the federal government’s work in the state.

“Let me be clear upfront about something: This is not the end of our work in Minnesota,” McDonald said. “This is the beginning of our work in Minnesota. The fraud here in Minnesota is shocking.”

FBI Requests Tips

Raia urged anyone with information about Omar’s location to contact federal authorities.

The FBI asked anyone with information to call 1-800-CALL-FBI or submit a tip through the bureau’s website.

Federal officials said investigators expect more enforcement action as they continue reviewing alleged fraud involving Minnesota public assistance and Medicaid-related programs.

Previous Article
Tennessee Execution Fails After Officials Cannot Set IV Line Tennessee Execution Fails After Officials Cannot Set IV Line