Dallas Express Media
Email – nbayer@DallasExpress.com
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The types of personal information we collect depend on the nature of your interaction with us. Generally, information is provided voluntarily and you may visit our Site without providing information about yourself; however, registering interacting with our content may require disclosure of certain personal information.
Information that we collect from you may include the following categories, but some of these categories or examples may not apply to you depending on your use of the Site:
• Identifiers (including name, real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers);
• Internet or other similar network activity (information regarding a user’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement);
• Inferences drawn from other personal information (profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes).
We collect information through various categories of sources. For example, we collect and obtain information:
• You provide, such as when you interact with the Site, contact us, respond to a survey, or sign up for e-mails or marketing information;
• From affiliated companies; and
• Using cookies and automatic collection methods.
The Site produces news articles and poses questions and allows users to post answers, share the aggregate results (outcomes) via social media or submit and email address. We collect non-personal information about your use of the Site and some personal data from users. When you use the Site, we may use a variety of technologies to collect certain non-personal information. We and our service providers may use “cookies” to customize your experience on the Site. “Cookies” are small computer files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive that contain information such as user preferences and the pages you have visited and the activities you have performed while using the Site. You may block cookies or delete cookies from your hard drive; however, by disabling cookies, you may not be able to access to all of the features of the Site. You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience and allows us to conduct our business. Specifically, we may use information collected about you to:
• Present the Site and its contents to you and allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site.
• Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
• Deliver newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you.
• Allow our partner organizations to contact you regarding products or services that may interest you.
• Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
• Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
• Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
• Perform other business activities as needed.
• Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
• Respond to inquiries and product and customer service requests.
• Fulfill your requests.
• Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights that arise from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• Comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
• Other purposes, with your consent.
Subject to applicable law, we may retain your information for as long as needed to provide you products or services that you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may not remove your personal information when there is a legal storage requirement, such as accounting rules or when there are other legal grounds to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
We may keep you logged into our Site and track your session history. We may analyze users’ usage patterns to improve the effectiveness of our Site. Users’ answers are stored anonymously. We do not share your answers, and your stored answers are not associated your identity, unless you submit personal information such as an email address. We store anonymous information on shared machines and aggregate answers and provide information to other users anonymously. We may offer you interfaces that enable you to connect to certain social networking sites such as FaceBook and/or Twitter, among others. We integrate with FaceBook for account creation and sharing, and we integrate with Twitter for sharing. You acknowledge that by posting on the Site, you are granting us a non-exclusive, transferable, fully–paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such posts.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Emails and Communications
We offer Site visitors a means to choose how we use the information provided. If you receive a marketing communication or promotion from us, you may opt-out of these communications at any time (i) by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the promotion (if sent by e-mail), or (ii) sending us an e-mail at the address noted in the Contact Information section above.
Access and Correction
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. If you want to review or correct your personal information, you can send us an e-mail at the address noted in the Contact Information section above.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Dallas Express Media, its members, managers, officers, employees, affiliates and representatives from all liabilities, claims, damages, losses, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees that arise from your use of the Site. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our web site. These companies may utilize cookies, pixels or other technologies to collect and use information (e.g., hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit the websites of the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Networking Advertising Initiative.
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
As set forth above, we may engage in the collection of personal information over time across third-party websites, and we may permit third parties to gather information passively on our website for behavioral advertising purposes.
THE SITE IS OPERATED BY DALLAS EXPRESS MEDIA ORE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE PRIMARILY STORED IN THE UNITED STATES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR INFORMATION MAY THUS BE SUBJECT TO U.S. FEDERAL AND TEXAS STATE LAW AND OTHER FOREIGN LAWS AND ACCESSIBLE TO U.S. AND FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS, COURTS, LAW ENFORCEMENT AND REGULATORY AGENCIES. BECAUSE DALLAS EXPRESS MEDIA IS LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, THESE DATA TRANSFERS TO THE UNITED STATES ARE NECESSARY TO PROVIDE THE SITE AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO YOU AND TO OPERATE OUR SITE.