DX
Download Download Now
Crime

Wife Of Carrollton Shooting Suspect Arrested In Minnesota On Murder Charge

Dallas Express | May 19, 2026
Crime scene | Image by Canva

The wife of a Carrollton restaurant owner accused of carrying out two deadly shootings earlier this month has been arrested in Minnesota and charged with murder.

Carrollton police said 67-year-old Ae Son Han was taken into custody on Monday with assistance from the U.S. Marshals Service. Investigators allege she was present during the May 5 shootings and helped her husband, 69-year-old Seung Ho Han, carry out the second killing.

Authorities said they are working to extradite Ae Son Han to Texas.

Her arrest comes weeks after Seung Ho Han was charged in connection with a pair of shootings in Carrollton’s Koreatown area that left two people dead and three others injured, The Dallas Express reported.

Police said the violence unfolded between about 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. on May 5.

The first shooting happened shortly before 10 a.m. at K Towne Plaza near State Highway 121 and West Hebron Parkway, an area known for Korean-owned businesses. Officers responding to multiple 911 calls found four victims suffering from gunshot wounds.

One adult male died at the scene. Two adult men and one adult woman were taken to hospitals in stable condition, police said.

During the investigation, officers learned of a second shooting around 11:10 a.m. in the 2700 block of Old Denton Road. Responding officers found another deceased adult male inside an apartment.

Investigators later determined the same suspect was responsible for both shootings.

Seung Ho Han was arrested about an hour later following a brief foot chase near Old Denton Road and the President George Bush Turnpike, police said. He is charged with two counts of capital murder and three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

According to police, Han later confessed to shooting all five victims and told investigators he was angry over financial disputes tied to business dealings.

Han told detectives the shootings were connected to a failed $75,000 business arrangement and a rent dispute involving his sushi restaurant and a Georgia property investment. Investigators said Han told police he was tired of business associates “taking his money.”

Police also said Han told investigators he went to the H-Mart fish market after the shootings to say goodbye to friends and intended to take his own life before officers arrested him.

Detectives said continued investigative work, including follow-up interviews and digital evidence, led them to conclude Ae Son Han was involved in the second homicide.

Members of the local Korean community previously described the shootings as deeply unsettling in what many consider a close-knit business district.

The investigation remains ongoing.

Previous Article
San Diego Hate Crime Massacre: 2 Teens Kill Security Guard + 2 Staff At Islamic Center Before Suicide San Diego Hate Crime Massacre: 2 Teens Kill Security Guard + 2 Staff At Islamic Center Before Suicide