Second Person Arrested in August Shooting


Victim Chin "Jin" Shin | Image by WFAA/Family Photo

A man was arrested last week by Fort Worth police in the shooting death of Dallas resident Chin “Jin” Shin, 43, reported WFAA.

Kameron Taylor, 28, was arrested in connection with the alleged shooting. Another suspect, Markynn Dmorous West, 28, was previously arrested in September.

The shooting occurred in August after what Fort Worth police said was a minor traffic accident between a Jeep driven by Shin and a Hyundai sedan carrying a driver and two passengers.

The accident occurred at the intersection of South University Drive and Interstate 30 on August 15.

An affidavit for Taylor’s arrest is not yet available, but according to the affidavit from West’s arrest, the three occupants of the Hyundai were talking to Shin outside of the median when a white Chrysler 300 drove up and reportedly blocked Shin’s Jeep.

At that point, West and a woman apparently got out of the car and walked up to Shin.

According to the affidavit, two other cars arrived, and another man got out and joined the people gathered around Shin.

One of the men punched Shin in the back of the head. Shin tried to walk away but was pursued by another man.

Shin tried to get back in his Jeep but was reportedly prevented from doing so by the group. At one point, Shin opened the passenger door of the Jeep as one of the men grabbed his keys. Shin grabbed something, the affidavit said, and walked across the street with a handgun in his hand, away from the “eight individuals that had deprived him of access to his Jeep.”

At this point, West allegedly pulled out a handgun from the trunk of his car. Shin reportedly approached the vehicles with his handgun pointed down, heading for his Jeep. West allegedly fired multiple shots at Shin, who apparently moved toward the passenger side of the vehicles with West in pursuit. West allegedly fired more shots at Shin.

Shin reportedly ran east away from the scene and out of the view of surveillance cameras. When police arrived, they found Shin lying on the median. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

It is not clear what Taylor’s role was in the incident. He has been charged with murder.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported that Shin owned Encore Family Karaoke in Dallas.

A fundraiser for Shin raised more than $99,000 for funeral expenses as of Wednesday.

Taylor is reportedly being held at the Tarrant County jail. His bond has been set at $100,000.

If you enjoyed this article, please support us today!

Formed in 2021, we provide fact-based, non-partisan news. The Dallas Express is a non-profit organization funded by charitable support and advertising.

Please join us on the important journey to make Dallas a better place!

We welcome and appreciate comments on The Dallas Express as part of a healthy dialogue. We do ask that you be kind. Kind to each other and to everyone else in your comments. For more information, please refer to our Complete Comment Moderation Policy.

Subscribe to Comments
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments