Dozens of North Texas restaurants will be offering special discounts to those who served in the military this Veterans Day.
Veterans Day is a time to remember and thank those who have selflessly served their country. In observance of this day of remembrance, several establishments will show their appreciation by offering free meals to veterans on November 11.
While special meal deals and the like might seem like a small gesture when compared to the service rendered by those who serve in the military, these gestures of gratitude go a long way.
“It’s nice to be recognized for that time,” said Arlington resident Randy Geisel, who served in the Air Force from 1969 to 1973, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I gave away four years of it.”
Be sure to share this list with the heroes you know living in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. A valid military ID or other proof of service is often required to benefit from these deals, but refer to the restaurant for more detailed information.
- Applebee’s: Vets can have a free meal from a lineup of seven entrées available all day.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse: Enjoy a free chocolate chunk cookie with any food purchase of $9.95 and up.
- B&B Butchers & Restaurant: Get a free sandwich, chips, and a non-alcoholic drink between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Bombshells: Veterans receive free entrees, and their families get 20% off between 11 a.m. and 2 a.m.
- Bubba’s 33: Free lunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., with raincheck vouchers available and valid through next May.
- Chili’s: Veterans can enjoy a free meal throughout the day.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Donut-loving vets can grab one free donut all day.
- El Fenix: Free Enchilada or Taco Plate can be ordered all day.
Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers: Free Freddy’s original double with cheese combo coupon, which is valid until November 30.
Golden Corral: Free dinner buffet and a drink are on offer to vets from 5 to 9 p.m.
- IHOP: Veterans get free Red, White, and Blueberry pancakes or pancake combo from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Hat Creek Burger Company: Vets get a free Big Hat Burger all day.
Hutchins BBQ: Vets can dig into a half pound of smoked meat with two sides of their choice from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Kolache Factory: One free kolache and coffee for vets from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Logan’s Roadhouse: Free meals from a special menu to former and active service members are served from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
McDonald’s: Free breakfast or a lunch combo meal offered all day at select locations.
Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille: Veterans can choose either a complimentary pork chop lunch on November 10 from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or benefit from a $39 three-course meal on November 11 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
PJ’s Coffee: Free 12-ounce hot or iced coffee all day.
Red Robin: Come and enjoy a free Red’s Big Tavern Burger and bottomless steak fries all day long if you’re a vet.
- Snuffers: One free burger or sandwich per veteran will be offered all day.
- Starbucks: Vets can quench their thirst with a free 12-ounce hot or cold brewed coffee available all day.
- Texas Roadhouse: Vets can pick up a voucher for a complimentary meal from a select menu between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., with dine-in or carry-out options available.