The Crypto Council for Innovation (CCI), a trade association with offices in Washington, recognized U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) with the “Digital Future Award” for his forward-looking leadership on the crypto and Web3 frontiers.
In announcing the award this September, CCI recognized Sen. Cruz for his contributions to the Web3 conversation throughout his time in Congress.
The first-of-its-kind award recognizes policymakers across the political spectrum for their willingness to learn from and interact with the digital assets industry, and for demonstrating a collaborative approach to an industry that has a broad, bipartisan base of support across the country, according to a press release by the CCI. The award ceremony was held at a reception in Washington, D.C.
“The Crypto Council is recognizing members of Congress who are first movers, leading the way on a complex and nuanced set of issues,” said Sheila Warren, CEO of the Crypto Council for Innovation. “It is going to take a broad effort to build and secure the foundation for our digital future. A growth-oriented approach to regulation and public policy will help us realize the promise of digital assets for all, and we commend these leaders for their support and engagement.”
CCI leadership worked in tandem with its member companies and industry experts to highlight congressional leaders who support the growth and innovation of digital assets. Senator Ted Cruz was the only policymaker in Texas to receive the award.
Meanwhile, on Monday, the Treasury Department’s Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC) recommended that Congress pass legislation to address the alleged risks that digital assets could pose to the financial system.
Other Digital Future Award recipients include:
Recipients of the Digital Future Award include:
- Senator Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)
- Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ)
- Senator John Boozman (R-AR)
- Senator Steve Daines (R-MT)
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
- Senator Bill Hagerty (R-TN)
- Senator Cynthia Lummis (R-WY)
- Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)
- Senator John Thune (R-SD)
- Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA)
- Senator Tommy Tuberville (R-AL)
- Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR)
- Representative Jake Auchincloss (D-MA)
- Representative Joyce Beatty (D-OH)
- Representative Ted Budd (R-NC)
- Representative Warren Davidson (R-OH)
- Representative Tom Emmer (R-MN)
- Representative Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ)
- Representative Brett Guthrie (R-KY)
- Representative Bill Huizenga (R-MI)
- Representative Ro Khanna (D-CA)
- Representative Doris Matsui (D-CA)
- Representative Patrick McHenry (R-NC)
- Representative David Schweikert (R-AZ)
- Representative Darren Soto (D-FL)
- Representative Glenn ‘GT’ Thompson (R-PA)
- Representative Ritchie Torres (D-NY)
- Representative Maxine Waters (D-CA)
For more information about the Crypto Council, visit www.cryptoforinnovation.org.
This story was pitched to The Dallas Express by one of our readers. Do you have a story you think should be covered or a tip on breaking news? Submit your idea here.