One of Dallas’s most prominent industrial properties is currently the target of a significant redevelopment endeavor. The warehouse complex with nearly 2 million square feet of space was built in the early 1970s as a distribution facility for the retailer Sears Roebuck & Co. It is located south of downtown, at 1600 Roe and 710 Belleview.
Since 2018, LBA Logistics, based in Irvine, California, has owned the five-story warehouse property. The company describes itself as a “national vertically integrated real estate company focused on the ownership and operation of industrial buildings.”
LBA Logistics owns property spanning the East and West Coasts, parts of the Midwest, and Texas, ranging from Houston to Fort Worth.
The $35 million renovations are set to start this summer. The warehouse will be marketed to tenants under its new name, Cedars Commerce Center. The company is advertising the facility with the slogan “Big Space. Attractive Price.”
Each floor of the building has a total area of 330,000 square feet, which is roughly 7.5 acres. For reference, Klyde Warren Park is about 220,000 square feet or a little over 5 acres, meaning each floor is approximately the equivalent of a one-and-a-half Klyde Warren Park.
According to LBA Logistics, the property is an “ideal, accessible South Dallas location.” It is less than a 15-minute drive from Downtown Dallas and Dallas Love-Field Airport and less than a 30-minute drive from Arlington, Plano, and DFW Airport.