President Donald Trump on Saturday issued a 48-hour warning to Iran, threatening strikes on the country’s power infrastructure if it does not reopen the Strait of Hormuz.
“If Iran doesn’t FULLY OPEN, WITHOUT THREAT, the Strait of Hormuz, within 48 HOURS from this exact point in time, the United States of America will hit and obliterate their various POWER PLANTS, STARTING WITH THE BIGGEST ONE FIRST!” Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social.
The warning came hours after Trump said the United States has already achieved its objectives in the conflict.
“The United States has blown Iran off of the map, and yet their lightweight analyst, David Sanger, says that I haven’t met my own goals. Yes I have, and weeks ahead of schedule! Their leadership is gone, their navy and air force are dead, they have absolutely no defense, and they want to make a deal. I don’t! We are weeks ahead of schedule,” Trump wrote.
As previously reported by The Dallas Express, European leaders and Japan have signaled a willingness to help reopen the Strait of Hormuz, a key global shipping route, amid ongoing tensions with Iran.
The Strait of Hormuz is one of the world’s most critical energy corridors. According to analysis from the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, disruptions in the waterway could remove close to 20% of global oil supply from the market, with significant impacts on prices and economic growth.
The White House has not released additional details beyond the president’s posts.