fbpx

Local Student Dies from Choking at Lunch

Education

School lunch food | Image by Paige Eichkorn / USA Today Network

A Cedar Hill Independent School District (ISD) elementary student died last week after choking on food at lunch.

The girl who died was in pre-K at Highlands

Elementary School, Fox 4 KDFW reported.

In a letter to parents, Superintendent Gerald Hudson said teachers responded immediately to the incident. The girl, whose name was not released, was transported to Methodist Charlton Medical Center but did not survive.

Cedar Hill ISD released a statement on the incident:

“Cedar Hill ISD has experienced an unimaginable tragedy today with the passing of one of our elementary scholars,” the statement reads. “The CHISD community is grieving with the family, classmates, and friends of the child. Grief counselors were on hand today and will be there Monday to support the campus. This is a difficult time for everyone, but I know our Longhorn family will lean on each other as we remember our fellow student and her family.”

No further information is available at this time.

If you enjoyed this article, please support us today!

Formed in 2021, we provide fact-based, non-partisan news. The Dallas Express is a non-profit organization funded by charitable support and advertising.

Please join us on the important journey to make Dallas a better place!

We welcome and appreciate comments on The Dallas Express as part of a healthy dialogue. We do ask that you be kind. Kind to each other and to everyone else in your comments. For more information, please refer to our Complete Comment Moderation Policy.

Subscribe to Comments
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments