Local Father Accidentally Shoots, Kills Son


Fort Worth Police Unit | Image by CBS

A 9-year-old boy, shot accidentally by his father on Tuesday August 9, was taken by emergency helicopter to Cooks Children’s Hospital in Fort Worth, where he later died.

The sheriff’s office said deputies responded to a residence on Abbey Park Court in the Acton area of Hood County. Upon arrival, they found that Dallas Ray Shaw had accidentally shot his young son, Levi Shaw. Sheriff Roger Deeds described the incident as “a terrible accident.”

The incident is being investigated by the Hood County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas Rangers, who will present evidence to a grand jury.

If the father is charged with manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, he could face prison of up to 20 years and a fine not to exceed $10,000.

Camie Rose Shaw, the boy’s mother, worked for a few years as an EMT with Texas EMS of Granbury. That entity established a bank account at First National Bank of Granbury to receive donations to help the family of the victim, Levi Shaw.

Any FNB-Granbury branch office will receive funds for this purpose, or donors may mail them to First National Bank, P.O. Box 400, Granbury, TX 76048. FNB-Granbury customers with FNB bank accounts may also submit donations online.

For more Dallas crime- related news see how Councilmember Chad West of District 1 saw a 55% increase in Crime Score.

If you enjoyed this article, please support us today!

Formed in 2021, we provide fact-based, non-partisan news. The Dallas Express is a non-profit organization funded by charitable support and advertising.

Please join us on the important journey to make Dallas a better place!

We welcome and appreciate comments on The Dallas Express as part of a healthy dialogue. We do ask that you be kind. Kind to each other and to everyone else in your comments. For more information, please refer to our Complete Comment Moderation Policy.

Subscribe to Comments
Notify of

1 Comment
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
7 months ago

What exactly happened? Why report this news without any information?