Dallas Firefighters Extinguish Fire at Sterling Hotel

A fire at the Sterling Hotel was extinguished Wednesday morning by firefighters.
Sterling Hotel fire. | Image from NBC5

The Dallas Fire-Rescue department responded to a fire at the Sterling Hotel around 12:45 a.m. Wednesday morning.

The blaze occurred on the seventh floor of the hotel, located at 1055 Regal Row, close to the John W. Carpenter Freeway.

Dallas firefighters were able to contain the fire in an hour.

According to Jason Evans, the Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman, the cause of the fire was a malfunction in the hotel’s HVAC unit and only caused damage to one room.

No one was injured in the fire. All guests of the hotel, including the individuals staying in the affected room, evacuated the hotel safely.

Support our non-profit journalism

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Continue reading on the app
Expand article