A fire broke out in a McKinney residence in the early morning hours Tuesday of last week.
Fire investigators said the structure, located in the 1000 block of Morris Street, was a single-family home that had been subdivided into three units. A separate structure in the backyard was also being used as a residence, officials said.
First responders were called on July 19, and at 1:47 a.m. the McKinney Fire Department arrived on the scene. Most of the house had already burned down. The blaze was suspected of starting at the fence and spreading to the residence’s attic.
Despite the damage, the firefighters managed to promptly contain the fire and extinguish it. Nevertheless, significant property damage was noted within the home’s interior.
The residents were safely removed from the home.
Two firefighters were injured and taken to a local hospital. One, while fighting the fire in the attic, experienced an apparent electrical shock, and the second broke a finger while forcing entry into the home, officials said. Both firefighters were treated and released from the hospital, MFD said.