Dallas, TX
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
English Español

Fine Print

English Español

Former Local Radio Host Sentenced for Second Assault Charge


On Air Mic. | Image by Shutterstock

Donate to Dallas Express to Keep it Free

A former North Texas radio host is currently serving a sentence for sexual assault. He pleaded no contest last week to a further charge of indecent assault for a separate incident.

Longtime morning-show host for “The Ranch” KFWR (95.9 FM), Justin Barrett Frazell, 48, entered a plea of no contest in Denton regarding a sexual assault incident that occurred on December 22, 2020, The Dallas Morning News reported.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, Frazell had hosted a “Back Roads Conservation” at the Lucky Spur Ranch Retreat in Justin, Texas.

The affidavit states that the female victim, who attended the same event, told a sheriff’s deputy that she was with her date, lying on top of the covers in her bedroom when Frazell entered the room and began fondling her.

The woman said Frazell left the room after she told him to stop.

Frazell then returned about 30 minutes later, wearing only his underwear, but left when the woman started to wake up her date.

Frazell was arrested and booked into the Denton County jail on April 26, 2021, on one count of indecent assault, a misdemeanor. He was released on a $2,500 bail.

After pleading no contest to the misdemeanor charge, he was sentenced to 18 months of deferred adjudication probation, meaning he will not receive a criminal conviction if he follows the terms of his probation.

Frazell was also sentenced to 80 hours of community service.

The sentence comes in addition to one Frazell is already serving for a previous sexual offense against a minor.

Frazell was arrested in March 2021 for accusations that he sexually assaulted a 17-year-old girl at a holiday party on January 1, 2021.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit in the teenage girl’s case, the victim told police that she was alone in a bedroom when Frazell came in and gave her an alcoholic drink.

Frazell returned to her room after she fell asleep, took off the girl’s clothes, and performed sexual acts on her.

Frazell stopped assaulting the teenager after hearing another child in a nearby bathroom. The 48-year-old later returned at about 5 a.m. to find the distressed girl crying. He tried to comfort her, but she told him to leave her alone, according to the arrest warrant.

Frazell pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting the teenage girl and was sentenced on April 12 to seven years of deferred adjudication. He was required to register as a sex offender.       

We welcome and appreciate comments on The Dallas Express as part of a healthy dialogue. We do ask that you be kind. Kind to each other and to everyone else in your comments. For more information, please refer to our Complete Comment Moderation Policy.

Subscribe to Comments
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments