Dallas, US
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
62°
English Español

“The People’s Paper”

Social

Fine Print

English Español

Former Dallas Mavericks Player Out of ICU After Contracting COVID-19

Sports, Uncategorized

Image from Outsports

Letter to the Editor

Have a concern or an opinion about this story? Click below to share your thoughts.

Pitch your Story

Know of a story that needs to be covered? Pitch your story to The Dallas Express.

In late August, former Dallas Mavericks Player Cedric Ceballos posted on social media asking for prayers because he contracted the COVID-19 virus and was admitted to an intensive care unit. In his post, he asked for prayers. With the degradation of his health, the former NBA star had to cancel previously scheduled events and public appearances.

By early September, Ceballos posted that he was getting severely ill from the virus. In the post, he included a picture of himself on a ventilator. He also took time to make amends to anyone he has ever offended, stating, “If I have done anything to you in the past, allow me to publicly apologize.”

On Sep. 13, the former NBA star said he was feeling better even though he was still unable to breathe freely and hadn’t been able to “walk or function” on his own.

On Wednesday, Sep. 15, Ceballos posted to social media that he has accepted that the road ahead of him will be tough. He said that his lungs are still not as strong as needed and that he would “need assistance there.”

Ceballos tweeted on Thursday that he is officially out of ICU.

Processing...
Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.
ErrorHere