The Irving Fire Department received a call of a fire in the Bridgeport Apartment Complex on Polaris Drive in Irving, Texas, the morning of January 11. The fire was quickly extinguished, and no one was injured.
Irving Fire Battalion Chief D.K. Walker told The Dallas Express a resident in the apartment complex was burning a fire inside a fireplace, and the fire got too hot and traveled back up into the wall. Seventeen Irving firefighters were joined by EMT staff and Irving Police Department at the fire’s location.
“This location is between two fire departments, so we got here quickly,” Walker said.
Firefighters arrived on the scene and ran up three flights of stairs to get to the apartment. Moments after arriving in the apartment, a small plume of smoke rose from the building as many concerned residents, some on their way to work, watched on. With firehoses attached and running up the stairs, the fire was quickly extinguished.
Firefighters then went to other nearby apartments to check for smoke or fire but found none. There is no estimate of the damage caused by the blaze, and several apartment residents could be heard thanking the Irving Fire Department for their quick arrival.